What is Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally identifiable information” is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number and any other information that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. For instance, when you complete a survey, subscribe to our newsletter, or send us e-mail, you will be asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, and sometimes shipping address. Optional information such as your age or gender may also be requested. This information may be collected by third party service providers with whom InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV contracts to host the web site or to fulfill requests for services; in that event, InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV asks such service providers to make the personal information available only to InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV for InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV to use in accordance with the terms of this policy and not to use the information for any other purpose.
InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV uses this information to provide you with the service you have requested. If you elect to receive our newsletter, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you your magazine. Similarly, if you enter online sweepstakes, we will use this information to notify you if you are a winner.
In addition, InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV may use information you provide us through emails and in response to polls for editorial purposes. Please be advised that any such submissions become the property of InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV, and may be used by InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV for any lawful purpose.
InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals, including our advertisers, when:
- we have your consent to share the information (you can refuse consent by declining to select the appropriate box that authorizes sharing or by notifying InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV at the email address homegearprivacy (at) espritus ( dot) net);
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV (for these purposes, a company controlling 20% or more of the voting stock of another entity shall be deemed to control such entity);
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is hosting web sites associated with our magazines or magazines we publish in conjunction with a third party, other than those web sites covered by this policy;
- we need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the web sites to which this policy applies.
InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV also shares web site usage information about visitors to our web sites who have received a targeted promotional campaign with a reputable third party advertising company for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. For this purpose, we and our third-party advertising company note some of the pages you visit on our web site through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs).
Our cookies may contain personally identifiable information and such cookies may be shared with others to the same extent indicated above.
Some of our advertisers may serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website.
Kids And Parents
The sites covered by this policy are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before submitting their email address for any purpose in connection with our sites.
If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
If you are worried about your children’s activities or their privacy on our site, we encourage you to e-mail InnovationInsider.com and SteveGreenberg.TV at Steve@stevgreenberg.tv.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site, you consent to this transfer.
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.